Tuesday, March 3, 2015

house - part I

After 8 long months.... we have moved back into our home!

It has been an adventure in and of itself, for sure.
I now have a full appreciation for both the folks that stay sane throughout a house project and for those who forgo the house project because they know it will drive them insane!

With sanity intact (though that qualification is arguable!) I present to you part I of the house update.... the kitchen!

A special shout-out to my dear friend Mary Frances who saw this house on HGTV Fixer Upper and thought it might work as a new floor plan for the Hightower house. It worked, indeed! As did the suggestion to upgrade to vaulted ceilings!


gutted and boarded

wall removed and new roof going on

dried in and sealed

drywall and new windows

new floors and finished walls

kitchen cabinets and lights

appliances... almost done!

... and we're home! Time for Happy Hour...

Of course, moving and resettling is a process.
There are still many boxes to unpack and plenty of 'things' that need to find a new home somewhere in those empty cabinets and on those bare walls!
More pictures to come - and more 'Thank Yous' to share as I start to realize how indebted I am to everyone that helped make our house feel like a home again.

6 comments:

  1. YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!! It's gorgeous - so light and airy! Can't wait to see more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Tony the Tiger, it looks GRRRRREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Can't wait to visit, bake something in your new oven, raid your refrigerator and share a cup of coffee on that island! I hope it feels like home xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom showed me a sneak peek when your mom was there, looks great!! So happy to see your kitchen feeling like home again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so exited for you! I wish for many, many happy memories in your new space.
    Liz (Furman 1990)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! Your kitchen is gorgeous! I especially love the plant/greenhouse (?) window. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete