Monday, September 9, 2013

First week!


We made it through the first week of school... and subsequent weekend!
It was a shocking adjustment for us all, for many reasons:
  • Sam is now going to school ALL DAY! ☺
  • Hamp went to school, then to soccer practice, then to auditions for the school play! busy bee...
  • And while Jason hasn't really had much of a vacation this summer from work, he does have several new staff members in his building that he is excited about - and nervous for!
  • Finally, I am adjusting to a full day of domesticity! Don't worry, it's not too bad. ☺

In fact, I spent the majority of my first week of kids in school volunteering at the Meeker Classic! I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way... it is one of my favorite events all year long. And of course there is still plenty to do at home (including update the blog!!!) and I have some prospects on the horizon for gainful semi-employment. But in the meantime I plan to post more pictures, hike with the dog, bake yummy snacks for the kids after school, and generally be a Donna Reed ~ Betty Crocker ~ Michelle Obama hybrid!

captured a great moment at Hamp's first soccer game last week!
the Meeker Classic!
Go Cowboys!
Nothing better than Friday night lights...

No comments:

Post a Comment