Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"the frenchies" - Denver

my home-made tricolore - hung proudly all week in honor of our visitors!
What an amazing visit!
My dearest friend Peggy and her sweet family came all the way across the pond for a once-in-a-lifetime U.S. visit earlier this month. They hit both the quintessential urban America (Chicago) and rural America (Meeker!) and I got the impression that their visit was totally fantastic!

France - 2003
Peggy and I had not seen each other in 9 years - since her wedding in France in 2003. Turns out our friendship is one that knows not time or distance. We picked up right where we left off...

However, this time there were introductions to be made! It was wonderful to meet Peggy's two boys John-Jefferson (8) and Paul-Alexandre (3) and to watch them get along with their "American cousins" Hamp & Sam!

(And of course, Jason and Jean-Jacques are always fun to be around!)


Also, Peggy is a wonderful photographer. Not by trade, but by practice... 
and as a result I have SO MANY great pictures to share.
So... I will share with you here all our fun stories and adventures with a few of my very favorite pictures. Then if you really feel like you need to see more, I have created a Shutterfly Share Site where ALL my pictures will be uploaded for your enjoyment! ☺

And now, on to the adventures...

We picked up our French friends in Denver and squeezed in a little urban activity before heading over the mountains to Meeker. We spent a day ogling the fish at the Aquarium, and afternoon in the hotel pool, and a night at a baseball game - Go Rockies!!!


So many more fun stories and pictures to share... stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    SO great to see Peggy and her family on your blog!
    I can't wait to hear about all of the adventures!!!!!!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete